Friday, November 5, 2010

WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY WORLD?

Do you feel like your world has fallen apart?  Have you lost a precious loved one, your job, finances?  Maybe you have lost your health and the doctors tell you there is no hope.  Is your body wracked with pain?  Do you feel as if no one really cares?
In the book of Job, in the Old Testament, is the story of a man who lost everything.  He lost his children, his servants and everything he owned.  And then he lost his health and he literally sat in the dust and asked “Why?”
But Job, and in his questioning of God, he looked ahead and saw a day when His God would stand on the earth, and a day when his body would be resurrected.  Let me share Job 19:25-27: “For I know that my Redeemer lives, and He shall stand at last on the earth; and after my skin is destroyed, this I know, that in my flesh I shall see God, whom I shall see for myself, and my eyes shall behold and not another.  How my heart yearns within me!”
Yes, my friend, Jesus came, and as God in the flesh, did indeed stand upon this earth.  He walked this earth, ministering to those in need, and then was crucified, and on the third day rose again from the grave.  And because of His death and resurrection, he brought salvation and eternal life to all those who would call on His Name.
When we must endure suffering, we have an advantage over Job.  We know that the dead shall rise.  Christ arose and we have hope based on Christ’s promise in John 14:19: “A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me.  Because I live, you will live also.”
So my friend, God loves you!  He even has written your name on the palms of His nail scarred hands.  “Can a woman forget her nursing child?  And not have compassion on the son of her womb?  Surely they may forget, yet I will not forget you.  See, I have inscribed you on the palms of my hands; your walls are continually before me.”  Isaiah 49:15-16.
So my friend let Him be your comfort today no matter what you are going through.  Here is my prayer for you today:  Father, in the Name of Jesus, I lift up to You all those out there that feel as if their world has indeed fallen apart and feel like there is no hope.  I pray that You will wrap your loving arms around them right now, comfort them and give them your peace in the midst of the storm and that they will know that you are there.  Give them a light at the end of that tunnel, and light in their dark ness, for You are that light.  In the Name of Jesus we pray, Amen.
Pastor Sharon Besler

3 comments:

  1. These were such great words of hope and I know that you are speaking out of real experience. I love the verses you shared. They are so powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Pastor John, I need to know that it was okay. This is my first and was anxious to hear from you about it. Now I am thinking on another one. This is really quite a new thing for me. I always in the newsletter use other people's poems and such, but this is me. My only question is how do the people on the web out there access my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing just fine. Keep writing and send email out to everyone in your address book. Tell them about your new adventure and invite them to read and leave comments. What you really want is for them to subscribe like I did. You will notice I became one of your "followers" which means I will get the next blog sent directly to my mail box when you post it.

    ReplyDelete