Tuesday, January 18, 2011

HOW BEAUTIFUL HEAVEN MUST BE

Many of us have lost loved ones and friends in recent days and weeks.  These dear ones loved Jesus and are now at rest and peace.   Do you wonder, as I do, what heaven is really like?  Our earthly minds can only imagine what they must be experiencing in the presence of the Lord. 

I think of heaven often, and on cloudy days I wonder what it will be like when Jesus steps through those clouds to gather us all home, and I long for Him even more.

And I think of this song: “What a Day that will be when my Jesus I shall see; when He takes me by the hand and leads me to the Promised Land.  And forever I will be with the One who died for me, what day, glorious day that will be.”

As a Pastor I have been with those who are dying, and have seen the very Peace of God resting on them in those moments.  I remember one dear one, when I asked her how she was feeling about her death, and she replied: “I can hardly wait. I am going to see Him face to face.”  Another one of my dearest friends was so excited about Heaven, that we sang songs about Heaven, planned her service.  In fact, we had a rejoicing time.  Then she told me that she had looked up a list of her friends who had gone on ahead and was planning to look them up when she got over there.  Now, that is the peace of God, when knowing that this early body will soon die, leaving loved ones behind, but looking ahead to her heavenly home.  Praise the Lord!

And we think of our loved ones and those final moments, and we read II Corinthians 5:6-8: “So we are always confident that while we at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord.  For we walk by faith not by sight. We are confident, yes, well pleased to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.”  Yes, in an instant, think of that, we are present with the Lord!  Earthly cares are gone, no more pain or sickness, we are there in Heaven with our Lord and with our loved ones who have gone on ahead and I can almost hear the angels singing!

“And God shall wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow nor crying.  There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”  (Revelation 21:4)

When I think of Heaven, I think of golden streets, as written in Revelation 21:21.  And I think of flowers that never fade; beautiful music and most of all the glorious throne of God, and most of all I will see my Savior, Jesus Christ face to face , at last.  I remember so well my dear friend, who was almost 103 years old.  She had a dream of a golden fountain, water running out of it and wondered what that was all about.  Now this dear lady had both legs amputated.  I took her to Revelation 22:1: “And He showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and the Lamb.”  Then I shared with her that someday soon she would see that fountain and she would be dancing on those golden streets on new legs!  What a time of rejoicing we had.  She passed over soon after her 103rd birthday.

And I think of what it is like to see Jesus face to face.  To see Jesus with his nail scarred hands and feet, reminding us of the sacrifice He made for our sins, so we could forever be with Him throughout all eternity.  He is the first One I want to see, and I will literally want to fall at His feet and worship Him forever.

It is hard to lose our loved ones. Parting is such sorrow, there seems to be a hole in our lives.  But you know, we really haven’t lost them at all, we know where they are.  We have just lost them in our lives here.  But someday we will all be together again, never having to say “goodbye.”  I think of traveling to see my loved ones and having to tell them “goodbye” for another year or so, and it is so hard.  But then I think of Heaven, and I will never have to tell them goodbye, as we will never again be parted.

“But as it is written: Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”  (I Corinthians 2:9)

HOW BEAUTIFUL HEAVEN MUST BE

1.       We read of a place that’s called heaven,
It’s made for the pure and the free;
These truths in God’s Word He hath given,
How beautiful heaven must be.
o    Refrain:
How beautiful heaven must be,
Sweet home of the happy and free;
Fair haven of rest for the weary,
How beautiful heaven must be.
2.       In heaven no drooping nor pining,
No wishing for elsewhere to be;
God’s light is forever there shining,
How beautiful heaven must be.
3.       Pure waters of life there are flowing,
And all who will drink may be free;
Rare jewels of splendor are glowing,
How beautiful heaven must be.
4.       The angels so sweetly are singing,
Up there by the beautiful sea;
Sweet chords from their gold harps are ringing,
How beautiful heaven must be.
Mrs. A.S. Bridgewater
Blessings,
Pastor Sharon Besler



No comments:

Post a Comment