Tuesday, March 8, 2011

MY CONTINUED”PART” IN PRAYER
ACKNOWLEDGING
MY SIN


In this second section of your PRAYER ADVENTURE,  I am reminding you of the acronym “PART.”  I pray that you will be continually blessed as you seek the Lord in Praise and Worship of our Wonderful Lord  as we come to a new step in prayer.

  P - PRAISE AND WORSHIP, A - ACKNOWLEDGING, R- REQUESTS, T - THANKSGIVING.

This portion of your PRAYER ADVENTURE is designed to help you in one of the more difficult areas of our Christian life.  This is because we are often filled with self-pride and it becomes uncomfortable to have to admit to any wrong, either to ourselves or to God.  Yet God has said in His Word in (Psalm 66:18) “If I regard iniquity (hold sin unconfessed) in my heart, the Lord will not hear me.”

Thus all wrong must be confessed and made right for our prayers to be answered.  Thus it becomes absolutely essential that we admit to God our short comings, our failures, and our sins, so that God will forgive and cleanse our heart.

Confession involved three things:  Agreeing that you have sinned and be specific, remembering that Christ’s death on the cross paid the penalty for that sin.  Repentance – turning away from that sin, and changing our attitudes about that sin.  Repentance is to turn and go the other way, or to run away from that sin.

Don’t be afraid to say “Lord, I blew it!”  May I suggest that you use this section and write out your failures before the Lord in a journal or notebook. You might want to abbreviate those things you do not want anyone else to know about.  The important thing is to be honest with God and yourself.  You will be amazed how tender your heart will become toward God when everything has been made absolutely right between you and Him.  Although this is a humbling experience, it can be most rewarding and beneficial to you and to your spiritual life and growth. 

In prayer ask the Holy Spirit to reveal any sins in your life.  List those things in your journal or notebook.  Confess those things to the Lord.  Write 1 John 1:9 across those sins, and thank God for complete deliverance.

Here is a verse to help you:

(Psalm 32:5)  “I said, I will confess my transgressions to the Lord and You forgave the iniquity of my sin.”

As you grow in the Lord in this area of your life, you will be able to ask God to search even deeper into the inner chambers of your heart.  As you do you will find tremendous blessing and help as you study this area in the Word of God. You will find verses that will be of additional value and help in developing your Christian life, as well as your prayer life.  You will find yourself becoming more and more like the Lord you love.  And that is what is really important.  What a thrill!

HERE ARE SOME VERSES TO HELP YOU GET STARTED!

(Psalm 51:10) “Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.”

(Psalm 44:12) “Shall not God search this out?   For He knoweth the secrets of the heart.”

(I John 2:1), “My little children, these things write I unto you, that you sin not.  And if any man sin, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ, the righteous.”

(Psalm 130:3 “If thou Lord, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?  But there is forgiveness with thee that thou mayest be feared.”

(Psalm 119:11) “Thy Word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against Thee.”

May God bless you this week as you continue in your PRAYER ADVENTURE, and may the Holy Spirit lead you and guide you in this important area of your walk with the Lord.

Pastor Sharon Besler

No comments:

Post a Comment