Tuesday, June 14, 2011

JESUS, YOUR NAME IS

SO SWEET



I was thinking today of people I know that have so many troubles.  The world is a troubling place.  There is so much heartache and sorrow.  Sometimes the needs are overwhelming when I hear the stories of people in so much pain.  And where do we turn on days when we are so weak it is hard to even move around.  There are days when nothing seems to go right, even the small things are troubling.



But on days like today the Lord will put a song in my heart, encouraging me to keep going on, and to keep my focus looking up and into His sweet face.  Oh, how sweet is the very Name of Jesus, and He does make my joy full and complete.  Oh, my friend when things are not going well in your day, just say the Name of Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!



THE NAME OF JESUS


The Name of Jesus is so sweet, I love its music to repeat; it makes my joys full and complete, the precious name of Jesus.



“Jesus,” oh, how sweet the name!  “Jesus,” every day the same; “Jesus,” let all saints proclaim its worthy praise forever.



I love the name of Him whose heart knows all my griefs and bears apart; who bids all anxious fears depart I love the name of Jesus.



That name I fondly love to hear, it never fails my heart to cheer, its music dries the falling tear; exalt the name of Jesus.



No word of man can ever tell how sweet the name I love so well; oh, let its praises ever swell, oh, praise the name of Jesus.   (W.C Martin 1901 -, Edmund S. Lorenz 1854-1942)



I am reminded again what is in the Name of Jesus.  Isaiah 9:6 says: “His Name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”



And He is indeed Wonderful, and so many times I can go to Him as my Counselor.  He promises the Holy Spirit to be our Counselor and Guide.  And when in times of great turmoil, He is my God and my Everlasting Father, Praise the Lord!



And it is so wonderful to know that He never changes.  He is the same God that spoke to Moses in the burning bush, the Great I AM.  He is the same God who opened the Red Sea to let the children of Israel cross over to the Promised Land.  He was the Cloud and the Fire who followed the Children of Israel in the Wilderness.  We see our Everlasting Father God all through the Old Testament, and then we see Him coming as our Savior, born to a Virgin, as Prophesied in the Old Testament.



We see Jesus walking the hillsides of Judea, healing the sick, casting out demons, opening blind eyes and unstopping deaf ears.  Oh, what a Wonderful Lord, with such compassion on the multitudes, the Sweet, Sweet Jesus!



Then with such love, He set Himself toward the cross, looking ahead to the joy beyond the cross, the joy that He would bring to all of us who love Him, the joy of our salvation.  “looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising the shame, and has set down at the right hand of the throne of God”  Hebrews 12:2.



And my Wonderful Jesus dries my tears, in fact, in Psalm 56.8 He puts all my tears in His bottle.  My tears and yours are precious to Him.  But someday, in that Glorious day when we see Him face to face He will wipe every tear away, Oh, Praise the Lord!



So, if this day is going to be one of tears and struggles or days of pain, just call on the Wonderful Name of Jesus, the Sweet Name of Jesus.  You may need comfort today, He is your Comforter.  He loves us so much and our minds cannot fathom how much He loves us.



And we have hope, hope which the world does not have.  Our hope is in Jesus, our Lord.  And we shall soon see Him face to face.  What a day that will be!  When all these things we have suffered here on earth won’t matter much any more, and we can truly say: “It has been worth it all when we see Jesus.”



“And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying; and there shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away” Revelation 21:4.



Especially on cloudy days when the clouds are so thick and fluffy across the sky, I try to imagine what it will be like to be caught up with Him in the air.  I think of the song, “When we all get to Heaven, what a day of rejoicing that will be, when we all see Jesus we’ll sing and shout the victory.”  I try to imagine the shout when believers from every country, every nation, and all through the ages, see His face.  That shout of victory will rock the universe!  It will be a shout of pure joy and praise!  I can hardly wait, can you?



So be blessed this day, and Praise the Wonderful Name of Jesus!



Pastor Sharon











                                                                       




No comments:

Post a Comment