Tuesday, June 26, 2012


ARE YOU SINKING IN SAND
OR STANDING ON THE ROCK?

As I continue on my journey here and look around my world, I see many in this path of life that are building their foundations on foundations which will crumble when the storms of life come, when the winds blow with great trials of sickness and pain.  My heart goes out to those who don’t know Jesus, and can’t endure when those times come.  They have no hope, no hope for today and no hope for tomorrow, and no hope when death comes.

“Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: and the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house: and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.  And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: and the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it” Matthew 7:24-27.

Recently, in my rounds in the nursing home, I sat down at the table in the recreation rooms with one of my dear ladies to share the Word with her.  She loves Jesus, and always sheds tears when it is time to share her favorite scriptures, and she always requests me to read out of the Book of John.  Sitting at the other side of the table was an elderly, white haired lady, listening very intently to our conversation.  I asked her what her favorite Scripture was, and her reply was that she had never read the Bible.  I was taken back a bit.

Here in this country, with Bibles everywhere, here was a lady who had never read a Bible verse, and I found out in our conversation that she didn’t even know that Jesus loves her, or that He died for her sins.  So I told her about Jesus and gave her a simple plan of salvation and asked her if she would like to accept Jesus as her own Savior, and she refused.  She said she had to think about that.  I told her that we never know when our time comes to die, she is elderly and frail.  And I shared with her that life has many choices, but eternity has only two.  I continue to pray for this dear lady, that the Lord will deal with her heart and that she will come to know Him before it is too late.  It is so sad to me, that here in America, with the Gospel preached freely, that someone is lost and her foundation is built on sinking sand.  She has nowhere to turn when times of her life are dreary and troubles come.

Down the hallway, I met another precious lady, and this lady’s foundation is built on the solid rock, and that solid Rock is Jesus Christ.  She has a remarkable testimony of God’s grace and mercy.  Just a few weeks ago she was on life support in the hospital, not expected to live, and when they took her off life support, she revived and is there recovering in the nursing home.  She does wonder at times why the Lord brought her back, but she also knows that He must have something else for her to do before her time comes.  So I see in her life, that the rains have descended and floods of trials have come, but her “house” has stood the test.  I will not see this lady again on this side of heaven, as she will be going back to her home, but we agreed that someday we will meet around God’s Throne, and she stated that she will be looking for me.  Oh, what joy to meet someone whose life is built on the solid foundation of Jesus Christ.

Where are you standing today, my friend?  Are you building your life here on earth on things that will not last, sinking sand?  We have no excuse here in this great land, with all the freedom we have to worship.  There are “churches on every corner” and Bibles in every store, on every shelf.  What will you do when the rains of trouble descend and the floods of sickness, grief and pain come to beat upon your house?  Oh, it is never too late to turn to Him now.  This world seems to be crumbling around us, but knowing Jesus keeps us safe built on the foundation of Jesus Christ who is our Rock, the Solid Rock!  When we are built on His foundation, the world may seem to be falling all around us, but we are safe, as this rock will never be shaken, and no matter what happens around us, we are safe and secure in Him. “The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; the God of my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge, my Savior, You save me from violence” 2 Samuel 22:2-3.

So as we are standing and built up on the Rock, Christ Jesus, He is our place to hide in times of great storms, He is our strength daily and we can put all our trust in Him alone.  So let the storms come, let the world tremble and shake, and darkness come, but Praise the Lord, we are safe in Him.  What a Wonderful God we serve!
IN TIMES LIKE THESE

“In times like these, you need a Saviour, in times like these you need an anchor.  Be very sure, be very sure, your anchor holds and grips the solid Rock.

This Rock is Jesus, Yes, He’s the One, this Rock is Jesus, the only One; be very sure, be very sure, your anchor holds and grips the solid Rock.

In times like these, you need the Bible, in times like these, oh, be not idle, be very sure, be very sure, your anchor holds and grips the solid Rock.

 In times like these, I have a Saviour, in times like these, I have an anchor; I’m very sure, I’m very sure, my anchor holds and grips the solid Rock.”  (Ruth C. Jones)

We are living in perilous times, and now is the time to be found anchored on that Rock, the Rock of Ages.  When the world seems to be full of terror, He is our only hope, grounded in Him, and grounded in the Word of God, and the anchor in Christ Jesus is the Cross of Calvary.  The Cross stands as a reminder of His for you, for me, reaching out, always reaching for the lost ones, the ones He came to save.

Where are you standing today, my friends?  If you are standing on the Rock, Christ Jesus, and anchored in Him, you are safe and secure as the storms blow and the water rages around you. Please make sure you are standing firm in Jesus today.  Just ask Him to come in and be Your Rock, He is waiting for you, to give you eternal life and hope in Him.

In Jesus’ Name,
Pastor Sharon


No comments:

Post a Comment