Friday, January 17, 2014

HIS LOVELY NAME

HIS LOVELY NAME!

As I am writing this today, I am thinking about the world around me today.  Our days here where we live continue to be filled with fog and cold.  There is no rain or snow in sight.  Some of our lovely lakes are dwindling down to a puddle, it seems. I continue to note faces I see and wonder what is going on in their lives. Some faces seem to speak of sadness and sorrow and many burdens to carry.  And many smile and go on their way, seemingly satisfied with their lives.  Many love the Lord Jesus despite the great trials they may go through. And I am thinking about the lovely Name of Jesus and the absolute power of His Name and how that Name holds this world together (Hebrews 1:3).

Many people strive to reach the top of success in their careers, wanting to make a big name for themselves.  But there is only one Name that outshines any name that man can make for himself on this earth. And at that Name someday every knee will bow to the most glorious name in all the universe (Philippines 2:9-11).

And in that Name, the precious Name of Jesus, is everything my heart desires.  He is the Lover of my soul, He is my Savior, my Redeemer, and I look forward to the day when I will at last see His face and dwell with Him in heaven forever.  Have you, my friend, experienced the absolute love of Jesus?  When we mention the Name of Jesus, do you comprehend how awesome is that Name? 

I heard a song on a CD and must share it with you.  My heart is overwhelmed within me as I read the words of this song.  Some of you may know this song and can sing it as you read the words.  As we think of the Name of Jesus, may you come to know how lovely is that Name, the Name of Jesus!

WHAT A LOVELY NAME

There’s a name above all others, wonderful to hear, bringing hope and cheer.  It’s the lovely name of Jesus, evermore the same, what a lovely name.

CHORUS:  What a lovely name, the name of Jesus.  Reaching higher far, than the brightest star.  Sweeter than the songs they sing in heaven.  Let the world proclaim, what a lovely name.

Thru His name there’s wondrous power, power to redeem, making sinner clean.  By His pow’r He cleansed the leper, opened blinded eyes, caused the dead to rise.

He’ll return in clouds of glory, saints of ev’ry race, shall behold His face, with Him enter heaven’s city, every to proclaim, what a lovely name.  (Charles B. Wycuff)

Are you walking through a time of fog in their life today?  Are you having trouble seeing Jesus through your tears of sorrow and pain?  Oh, what a lovely Name to part the clouds and bring hope and cheer!  He is Almighty God!  Christ is the all-powerful Lord, and absolutely nothing is impossible with Him!

And in the lovely Name of Jesus we can pray for the sick and those confined to bed, who in the past lived full lives serving Jesus.  I just came from a nursing home where I prayed over a dear saint.  And I am reminded of the compassion of Jesus for these dear ones.  This precious one had a lovely voice and sang her praises to Jesus, and now all I can do is read some scripture and pray in His lovely name and knowing that soon she will be home with Jesus and can lift her voice once again sing praises to her God!

In the Wonderful and lovely Name of Jesus is our Salvation. Through His death on that cross, He has power, through His death to redeem us from our sins by the cleansing blood that He shed.  And because of His resurrection, death is conquered and we have eternal life with Him forever.  As we read the Gospels in the New Testament we read of His power as he healed the sick and raised the dead, and of His great compassion and love.

When I think of that Lovely Name, I remember that He is the Messiah, He is our Redeemer, He is the Resurrection and the Life. He is our Great Shepherd, He is Bread of Life and He is the Bright and Morning Star and many other Names we can list that are found in the Name of Jesus!

And someday soon He will return in those clouds of glory.  And can you imagine with me what that reunion will be like as saints from all the ages, from every race and tribe will behold His lovely face.  I believe there will be a shout of joy from the millions gathered in the sky that will literally shake the heavens!  And we will gather around the throne shouting His praises forever and ever proclaiming “What a Lovely Name!”

“After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice saying, “salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne and to the Lamb!”

In the Lovely Name of Jesus,
Pastor Sharon


No comments:

Post a Comment