Saturday, September 13, 2014

I'M SAVED BY GRACE


I’M SAVED BY HIS GRACE

 

It is a Saturday afternoon, the end of another week.  It was another week of pain and difficult nights in particular.  But the Lord has so much to teach me.  And when I have no one else to turn to, I can always turn to Him in those difficult moments.  Some moments bring the tears, but He promises to collect all my tears in His bottle. (Psalms 56:8).  My heart is so full of so many things that as I write here, I am not at all sure how the Lord will use what is on my heart to encourage you on this afternoon.  

 

I know that many of you are going through difficult trials.  And sometimes when I meet someone who is in great pain, my pain does not seem so significant.  I meet many people who are having great trials, and I wonder how people can go through these things without the Lord.  In some ways, I am truly blessed.  Yes, I have my pain and as I am getting older, it seems to increase.  But I can still go on my way rejoicing in my God and trying to bring comfort to others who may need just a touch and a prayer.

 

I had such a moment yesterday, Friday.  I have mentioned in my previous blogs about a sister in the Lord who is confined in a nursing home.   Her name is Jean. She has been near death’s door for quite some time and is under “comfort care.” She can no longer move or speak.  This precious lady was a singer and loved to praise the Lord with hymns and she blessed many people, especially in later years from her electric scooter.  That is how we met her as she lived near our church and rolled herself there to bless her with her beautiful voice.  As I was there yesterday I read her some scripture and then I sing to her and she opens her eyes.  I am not sure if she can even see me anymore.  But she listened  as I sang “Amazing Grace” and a song by Fannie Crosby, “And I shall See Him Face to Face.” And as I kissed her goodbye and started to leave, her eyes tried to follow me.  I usually leave with tears in my eyes as there is such a presence of the Holy Spirit.  She has leaned on the Lord for many years.  I don’t understand God’s ways and He will take her home in due time and what a welcome she will receive.  She will be free from pain, strokes and the like and I am reminded of a Gaither Song, “When All God’s Singers Get Home.”

 

I had another song in mind for this blog, but I feel as if I will share this song by Fannie Crosby.  I may have used it in a past blog.  There are so many out there who are facing that day.  You may be in such a situation right now. The title of the Song is “Saved by Grace.”  I shared with my husband after leaving the nursing home that someday, when we are all together in God’s beautiful heaven, Jean will share with me that she remembered me singing to her when she was confined in her disabled body, and what a time of rejoicing that will be.

 

SAVED BY GRACE

 

Some day the silver cord will break, and I no more as now shall sing; but O, the joy when I shall wake within the palace of the King!

 

And I shall see Him face to face, and tell the story – saved by grace; and I shall see Him face to face, and tell the story – saved by grace.

 

Some day my earthly house will fall, I cannot tell how soon ‘twill’ be, but this I know – my All in All has now a place in Heav’n for me.

 

Some day, when fades the golden sun beneath the rosy-tinted west, my blessed Lord will say, “Well done!” and I shall enter into rest.

 

Some day: till then I’ll watch and wait, my lamp all trimmed and burning bright, that when my Savior opens the gate, my soul to Him may take its flight. (Fanny Crosby).

 

Yes, someday that silver cord will indeed break.  It will come sooner for some and longer for others.  And I will no longer sing at bedsides, but will sing, along with my precious friend, Jean in the heavenly choir, in the glorious palace of our King Jesus!

 

And what a day that will be when we see Him face to face.  And amazing about this song is that Fanny Crosby was blind, but by faith she knew she was going to see Him face to face!

 

Yes, I am getting older, as many of us are.  And we face times of pain when are bodies can no longer do the things we used to do.  Sometimes it takes some assistance to move around and some help in our care.  I remember the days when life was so free and I could do so many things.  But someday, unless Jesus comes in the clouds first, this old body will fail, and He is preparing a mansion for me and for all His children as He promised in John 14:1-3.

 

And someday, beyond the sunset, as my sun sets in the west, I am looking for that day when He will say to me and to all those who have served Him and belong to Him, “Enter into My rest, well done!”

 

In Jesus’ Name,

Pastor Sharon

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment