Thursday, January 8, 2015

ALL IN THE NAME OF JESUS

ALL IN THE NAME OF JESUS

It’s a cold foggy day in our area, and we hope the sun comes out soon to shine upon our world here.  My heart is heavy today due to a situation I faced, and had to depend on the power of the Holy Spirit and my faith and love for my Lord Jesus to get me through this phone call which I received.

There are those in our world today and in our city here who don’t want the name of Jesus mentioned or hear a call of salvation.  This was in regards to funeral services for a precious lady who I have been seeing in a nursing home.  She is finally home, free of her tired body, and singing again with her lovely voice, giving praise to her Lord.

I was asked, as Pastor, to open in prayer, give a welcome and blessing to those gathered there.  But I was given a couple of stipulations, not to pray or mention the name of Jesus or give a call to salvation, as I might offend someone.  So I had to decline.  In past funerals, I give a message of hope to those attending, hope in eternal life with Jesus, to make sure their hearts are right with the Lord.  And give them the promise that if they know Jesus, they will see their loved one again.  It is a promise of the resurrection and new life with Jesus forever.  How can one pray or bless a gathering unless it is done in the name of Jesus? 

Do you love Jesus today?  I hope your life and all that you do is centered on Him alone.  This is a precious chorus centered on the name of Jesus.  No matter where we go or what we should do, His name is to be exalted.  His name should be first on our lips before our day begins and when it ends.  And, Oh, what blessing comes just whispering the name of Jesus. 

ALL IN THE NAME OF JESUS

Truth and beauty and happiness
It’s all in the name of Jesus.
Health and heaven, peace and rest
It’s all in the name of Jesus.
Joy and gladness, forgiveness too,
Life everlasting and free,
All that I’ve longed for and
All that I need,
It’s all in the name of Jesus.

Chorus

Jesus, Jesus, He’s here
And He’ll show us the way.
Jesus, Jesus He’s all
That we need today.

Care and comfort, healing and grace,
It’s all in the name of Jesus.
Warmth and sunshine, friendship too,
Fulfillment and blessing untold,
Hope for tomorrow and help for today,
It’s all in the name of Jesus.

Words and Music: Stephen Adams

What do you need today?  Everything is in His name.  It was mentioned to me that there are many roads to Christ, which many believe today.  Jesus saith unto him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh to the Father, but by me” John 14:6.  There is only one way to heaven and that has to come through Jesus Christ.  And He made that way possible by going to the cross, shedding His blood for our sins.  And we come into the Truth, He is the Truth, by repentance of our sins, and then we begin to see the beauty and happiness that He brings, with hope of eternity with Him.  It’s all in the name of Jesus.

“Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you, let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid” John 14:17.

The world and its pleasures cannot give you peace and rest.  All our “treasures” will someday melt away.  We take nothing with us when we die.  Only what’s done for Christ will last.

Jesus is all that I long for and all that I need, and it’s all in the name of Jesus.  His loving care and His comfort in the time of grief, it’s all in the name of Jesus.  Even the warmth of the sunshine, our wonderful Christian brothers and sisters in the Lord, and our hope for the days ahead and the needs that we have this day, it’s all in the name of Jesus.

“Wherefore God hath highly exalted Him, and given Him a name which is above every name: that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father” Philippians 2:9-11.

There is a day coming, my friends, when every knee is going to bow to at the name of Jesus.  Those who have rejected Him down through history and today and those who have denied His name, will bow at the name of Jesus and proclaim Him Lord.  Are you ready for that day, my friend?  Oh, He has so much love for you and is not willing that any should perish without Him.  Be ready, my friends, because that day will soon be upon us and please don’t be one who is lost for eternity because you didn’t acknowledge that it’s all in the name of Jesus.

In the Name of Jesus,
Pastor Sharon






No comments:

Post a Comment