Wednesday, November 4, 2015

COME! WE NEED YOU!


COME! WE NEED YOU!

 

I sitting here looking at the grey and cloudy skies, as the fog has lifted. Fall is here with all its colors, but a time for warm blankets and warm fires, if you have them.

 

But I am thinking how dark the world is out there, and how dry our souls become as we think about world events and the times in which we live. Are you withered and dry? Is your strength almost gone? Do you fear the days ahead, and need a refreshing in the Lord? I know many of you out there need a renewal of the power you once knew as you walked with Jesus, a new sense of His presence.

 

I visited with an elderly gentleman the other day, and such a sweet man! He has been a believer for many, many years, but his faith was wavering and needed a bit of encouragement that Jesus loves him, and I reminded him of the times before when he and I had sweet fellowship in the Lord and God did a special answer to prayer at that time. I reminded him that heaven is just around the corner, and remember that as He walks this pathway, that Jesus is there to walk with him and lead him to his eternal home. I wish I could sit down with many others and just encourage them in the Holy Spirit, to keep looking to Jesus, asking for His strength for the journey. 

 

What we need in our churches and our lives is to look to the Holy Spirit and just say “Come” I need you, and He is right there. So my prayer for you this day is “Come, Holy Spirit, we need you.”  I need him in my own life, as I have walked this path of trial. I need Him daily to restore my  joy and strength, and the power to go out and into those places where there are lonely people who need Jesus. But I can only do that if I daily seek His Word and spend time with Him.  So Come Holy Spirit, we need you, every person reading this right now, “COME!”

 

COME, HOLY SPIRIT, WE NEED YOU!

 

Come, Holy Spirit, we need you,

Come, sweet Spirit, I pray.

Come in your strength and your power.

Come in your own gentle way.

 

Come as a rest to the weary,

Come as a balm to the sore.

Come, Lord, as strength to our weakness,

Fill us with joy evermore.

 

Come like a spring in the desert,

Come to the withered of soul.

Lord, let your sweet healing power,

 Touch us and make us whole.

 

Come, Holy Spirit, we need you,

Come, sweet Spirit, I pray.

Come in your strength and your power.

Come in your own gentle way.

 

                                Come in your own gentle way.  (Author Unknown

So are you weary today? Are you just tired of the continued trial you are going through. The Spirit says “Come!”  in Jeremiah 8:22, the prophet cried: “Is there no balm in Gilead, is there no physician there?” Yes, Praise the Lord, we have a balm, a healing for our souls in the Lord Jesus Christ as He comes by the power of the Holy Spirit. He comes as a strength to our weakness.

 

There are days when my body and soul are so weak, I just don’t want to move, but He comes, and directs me back to the path that He is leading me on, a path of wholeness and healing in body, soul and spirit, and He promises us joy ever more, His joy. In Hebrews 12:2, the writer states that Jesus saw the joy ahead, past the cross and was able to endure the terrible suffering He went through.  He could see past the cross, and the joy that our salvation would bring, and the joys of walking with Him and looking forward to our eternal home, and He wants us to walk in that joy, although sometimes it is hard, but we have to keep our eyes on Jesus and the goals ahead. Just thinking about heaven and my eternal home fills me with great joy.

 

And have you driven though a desert lately? There are miles and miles of dry scrub and grass. Now imagine a spring suddenly springing up in that desert place, and in a short time everything that was withered is suddenly green and beautiful!  Are you feeling withered and dry today? Jesus promised in John 7 that He would fill us with rivers of living water and we would just flow with the Holy Spirit. Is that what you desire today, as I do?

 

Just lift your hands, look up to Him and say “Come” I need you. I need you in my weakness, in my dry soul, and healing in my body, soul and spirit. He comes in such a gently way, our gentle Holy Spirit. I pray that wherever you are out there, you will just call out to Him now, “COME!”

 

In Jesus’ Name,

Pastor Sharon

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment