Sunday, August 12, 2012

WHEN WILL THE MORNING COME?


WHEN WILL THE
MORNING COME?

As I sat there at my desk recently on a lovely summer morning, I wondered what that day would hold.   Oh, I had my agenda for that day which included a graveside service for a precious sister in the Lord. And I asked the Lord “Who can I comfort in Your Name this day?”  I realized that there would be grieving hearts there in that cemetery that day.  And indeed, as I am now writing this, there was much pain that day, as the daughter of the dear lady who had passed also was grieving for her husband who passed on just four days after her mother.  So the pain is great in so many lives, so much pain and sorrow, that I have included a piece from Charles F. Spurgeon, from his devotional “Day and Night.”  

 WATCHMAN, WHEN COMES THE MORNING?

But watchman, when comes the morning?  The Bridegroom tarries!  Are there no signs of His coming forth as the Sun of Righteousness?  Has not the Morning Star arisen as the pledge of day?  When will the day dawn and shadows flee away?

Oh, Jesus, if Thou come not in person to Thy Church this day, yet come in Spirit to my sighing heart and make it sing for joy!

Now all the earth is bright and glad with fresh; but all my heart is cold and dark and sad.  “Sun of the Soul; let me behold the dawn!

 Come, Jesus Lord!  Oh quickly come according to Thy Word!  Let the whole earth be filled with His glory!  Amen

I know that there are many of you out there who cry like Job of old:  “So am I made to possess months of vanity, and wearisome nights are appointed to me.  When I lie down, I say, ‘When shall I arise, and the night be gone?’  And I am full of tossing to and from unto the dawning of the day” Job 7:3-4.

Your pain is so great you wish it was night and you could sleep, then you toss and turn and wish it was morning.

But morning is coming, my friends.  Job looked down through the centuries of time and saw his Redeemer, and he somehow knew that someday he would see Him face to face.

“For I know that my Redeemer liveth, and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:  and though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh I shall see God:  Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and no another; though my reins be consumed within me” Job 19:25-27.

Oh, what precious promises and prophecy are found in God’s Word!  Our Redeemer has come and He did indeed stand upon this earth, went to the cross, bore our sins and paid the price for our salvation.  Praise the Lord!  Do you know Jesus as your own personal Savior?  Make Him yours today, and be ready.

Now He sits enthroned in glory and lives within our hearts by the power of the Holy Spirit and we have the promise of His soon return and the dead in Christ shall rise to meet Him in the air, along with those who remain.  These bodies will be changed instantly and we will at last see Him Face to Face!

Behold, I shew you a mystery; we shall not all sleep, but we shall be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed” I Corinthians 15:51-52.

Yes, the morning is coming, and there will be no more sighing hearts, for all of us will be singing for joy in His presence!  And our hearts will no longer become cold, dark and sad, because the Sun of Righteousness will arise with healing in His wings:  “But for you who fear my name, the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing in his wings.  And you will go free, leaping with joy like calves let out to pasture” Malachi 4:2.

These are the last verses in the Old Testament and are filled with hope.  Regardless of how your life looks right now or how dark your night, God controls the future.  We who have loved and served God look forward to a joyful celebration.  This hope for the future is ours when we trust God with our lives.  And I truly believe His coming is very near, and that day will at last dawn upon us.  And we can pray with Charles Spurgeon:  Oh quickly come, according to Thy Word!  Let the whole earth be filled with His glory!  Amen……….

Come, Lord Jesus Come!
Pastor Sharon


















No comments:

Post a Comment