Monday, August 13, 2012

GOD'S WORD! HOW PRECIOUS!

This has been a busy summer for us.  We spent 10 days in South Dakota for his family reunion.  Now we are off tomorrow to the east coast to be with our children for 2 weeks.  So I will touch basis with you again later in the month. 

So I encourage you to stay in the Word and in prayer as you continue on your journey home.  I will have much to share when travels are over.  By then it will be almost September and the fall season starts.  But before I leave you for a couple of weeks I wanted to share something I found on a small piece of yellowed paper when going through my mother's things.  The note says it is from the flyleath of Dwight L. Moody's Bible.  So enjoy this and be encouraged this day.

"The Bible sets forth two things - the cross and the throne.  The Old Testament points toward the cross.  The Gospels tell the story of the cross.  The Epistles point toward the throne.  The Book of Revelation tells the story of the throne.

The Old Testament tells us what sin leads to and ends with:  "Let I come and smite the earth with a cruse"  (Malachi 4:6).

The New Testament shows the way out of sin and ends like this"  "The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all" (Revelation 22:21).

Blessings,
Pastor Sharon



No comments:

Post a Comment