Tuesday, September 18, 2012

ANTICIPATE A GREAT DAY COMING!


ANTICIPATING A GREAT
DAY COMING!

As I continue be reminded of our recent journey to the east coast, we are again on the beach, on the Atlantic Ocean.  The beach is packed with people, umbrellas and chairs.  It is Sunday and I would rather be with my church family in worship.  But here I am with my family, and sitting in my chair with my notebook wondering what the Lord will show me this day.  The beach is filled with metaphors reminding me of our walk with the Lord on this journey “home.”

First of all I noticed the “sun worshippers.”  There were many, many of them stretched out on their beach towels or in their chairs soaking up the sun.  But I was reminded of a day coming, when we who love Jesus will be worshipping the “Son.”  As we gather around the crystal sea (Revelation 15:2) our worship will be in joyful praise:

 “They sing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb saying:

 Great and marvelous are Your works, Lord God Almighty!
Just and true are Your ways, O King of the saints!
Who shall not fear You, O Lord, and glorify Your name?
For You alone are holy, for all nations shall come
And worship before You” Revelation 15:3-4.

As we all gather on that glorious day with all the saints from all the ages, we will not be wearing “swim suits” and such, as they were that day as I sat on the beach in Maryland.  But we will be clothed  in beautiful robes, clean and white.  See Revelation 7:9.  And gathered there will be saints from all tribes and nations, and we all will be glorifying our Mighty God, for all the wonderful works He has done for us.  And won’t it be wonderful to see Him face to face?  After all the trials and struggles of this life now, we will finally behold Him in all His glory.  I can hardly wait, can you?

I noticed that the ocean was getting a little choppy, and clouds were gathering, as a storm was coming.  What will we do if “home” is several blocks away?  On this journey of life, as we walk with Jesus, sometimes we feel the wind getting stronger, storm clouds began to gather on the horizon, and we wonder if, in our present circumstances,  how far away is “home.”  “Will I drown in these present circumstances in my life?  Or will I be able to keep my eyes on Jesus and keep my focus on my heavenly home which may be just around the next bend?”

As I walked down to the beach to watch my husband jump some waves along with the grandchildren, I noticed something different about this stretch of beach and others I have seen on the east coast, there is no seaweed!  I have been on beaches in California and in Oregon where the seaweed will wrap itself around your feet if you are not careful.  Some beaches are littered with it.  And if a person is not careful, the seaweed could wrap around your feet and pull you down.  And then there are riptides, and warnings were soon out along the Atlantic Coast of riptides forming because of the hurricane to the south.

What is pulling you under today?  Has the “seaweed” of depression or grief or life threatening illness threatening to pull you under in despair?  Are “riptides” of sin pulling you away from the shore, away from the arms of Jesus?   We live in a world where there is much despair, and fear is gripping even God’s people.  Will you let the fear threatening this world and even our own nation pull you under, and you lose your glimpse of our Precious Lord as He walks the sea, wanting to calm your storm and bring you His peace?  Some of you weep through the dark nights of despair, wondering when daylight will come into your life.  Let the Lord Jesus calm your tears and bring comfort as you read the words of Charles Spurgeon:

“Come, my heart, begin thy hallelujahs!  Weep not all through the night, but wipe thine eyes in anticipation of the morning.  Those tears are dews mean us as much good as sunbeams of morrow.  Tears clear the eyes for the sight of God in His grace and make the vision of His favor more precious!”’

 Yes, my friends, anticipate the morning!  The day is coming when you won’t have to weep through the night, because Jesus will wipe all tears from your eyes.  When those tearful times do come, they cause us to look up into the face of God, our merciful God, and our walk with the Lord becomes even more precious, as we look back and see how far He has led us and the struggles we have gone through.

“That is why we never give up.  Though are bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day.  For our present troubles are quite small and won’t last very long.  Yet they produce for us an immeasurable great glory that will last forever!  So we don’t look at the troubles we can see right now; rather, we look forward to what we have not seen.  For the troubles we see will soon be over, but the joys to come will last forever” II Corinthians 4:16-18. (NLT)

What precious promises and hope we have in Jesus.  Yes, the storms will come, but my Jesus walks on the waves of the mighty ocean, speaking “peace, peace, be still.”  And as we continue our journey with Him, we are reminded every day, of the great day coming, maybe just around the next bend, or over the next hill.  Cling tight to Him, my friends.  We have a great day coming, and with much anticipation we look forward to that day.  Blessed be His Precious Name!

Pastor Sharon
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment