Saturday, March 9, 2013

IT WILL BE WORTH IT ALL!


 
 
 
IT WILL BE WORTH IT ALL!

On some days like today I am sure many of you feel like I do.  It is Friday, the skies are sunny with lovely clouds, like sometimes I feel I just can’t go on, and I couldn’t go on without Jesus in my life, holding my hand, speaking encouraging words to my heart, and to just take one step at a time with Him this day.  And yet, I see many folks out there confined to beds, seemingly in hopeless situations.  But our God has promised that someday through the trials and struggles we go through, we will look back and say “It was worth it all.”

 WHEN WE SEE CHRIST

“Oft times the day seems long, our trials hard to bear; we’re tempted to complain to murmur and despair, but Christ will soon appear, to catch His bride away.  All tears forever over, in God’s eternal day.

It will be worth it all, when we see Jesus; life’s trials will seem so small, when we see Christ; one glimpse of His dear face, all sorrow will erase, so bravely run the race till we see Christ.

Sometimes the sky looks dark, with not a ray of light, we’re tossed and driven on, no human help in sight; but there is one in heav’n who knows our deepest care, let Jesus solve your problem, just go to Him in prayer.

Life’s day will soon be o’er, all storms forever past; we’ll cross the great divide to glory safe at last; we’ll share the joys of heav’n. a harp, a home, a crown; the tempter will be banished, we’ll lay our burden down.  (Esther Kerr Rusthoi)

And yes, sometimes those days are long, and we can be tempted to murmur and be in despair, but I meet those confined to bed, just waiting  for the day when Christ comes to take them home, but they are full of joy and excitement just in the knowing that someday soon they would be with Him. 

I, myself, sometimes am tempted to murmur about upcoming medical tests, more chemotherapy and what those effects will be, and then I remember a precious friend who has reached her reward, and her preparation in that time was one of glory.  We sang songs of heaven together, we planned her service.  It was if she had packed her “bags” and was traveling on.  It was such a blessed time in my life to see such peace and joy knowing that death was just around the corner, but her home was waiting over there.

I will share about another precious one who had just learned from the doctors that she would be on hospice care, and I asked her how long the doctors were giving her  to live.  And she said, “They told me six months, and I can hardly wait, I am going to see His face.”  For both these ladies, their tears are over, and are living on God’s eternal day, and what a reunion we will have someday!  I can hardly wait!

And sometimes the sky does turn dark, and we think that we are alone, that no one cares.  But we have our Jesus who knows all our cares and woes.  And as I stated in my last blog, when that fear comes in, one receives a bad medical report, we run to Christian brothers and sisters and cry “Help.” And they surround us in prayer, laying hands on, speaking in the Name of Jesus, and I can say that God answers prayer. 

That fearful call that I had received concerning a medical test, the Lord answered marvelously, as when the doctor’s call came through with results, there was no reason for concern, all was well, and we praised the Lord for the answer.

So how can we be joyful on such days, when they are so long and filled with pain and discouragement?

“Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings.  My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me” Psalm 63:7-8.

Oh, what joy when the Lord drops a song into my heart and I can sing in the shadow of His wings!  Listen to the small sweet voice in your spirit in those times and He will give you  a song or a psalm, something to remind you to cling tightly to his hand as He upholds you.

“Consider it wholly joyful, my brethren, whenever you are enveloped in or encounter trials of any sort or fall into various temptations.  Be assured and understand that the trial and proving of your faith  bring out endurance and steadfastness and patience” James 1:2-3 (AMP).

Yes, my friends, our day will soon be over,  no more storms, no more pain, tears or crying.  And we will enter that wonderful place of glory, and there will lay down the burdens that we have had to carry here.  Oh, what a day that will be!

But meanwhile we carry on, looking forward to seeing His blessed face, but continuing the work of winning more souls to Jesus, ministering to the sick and hopeless, and seeking Him in continual prayer in our prayer closets and receiving the strength we need for each day and the power from the Holy Spirit to continue the work He has called us to do.

In the Name of Jesus,
Pastor Sharon

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment