Tuesday, March 27, 2012

HIS GUIDING HAND

As I enter this new decade of my life, I can look back and see how His unseen hand has led me all the way, even though the way was difficult at times for me, especially as a child.  But even then, I knew that His precious hand was there guiding me, protecting me, giving me strength for the journey, as I am now on the path towards my heavenly home.

How about you, my friend?  Can you look back over your life and see the path that He has led you, and feel you have truly been led by the Unseen Hand.

 THE UNSEEN HAND
Written by A.J. Simms

 There’s an unseen hand to me
That leads through ways I cannot see.
While going through this world of woe,
This hand still leads me as I go.

 I’m trusting to the unseen hand
That guides me through this weary land.
And some sweet day I’ll reach that strand
Still guided by the unseen hand.

 I long to see my Savior’s face
And sing the story of His grace.
And there upon that golden strand
I’ll praise Him for His guiding hand.

 I’m trusting to the unseen hand
That guides me through this weary land.
And some sweet day I’ll reach that strand
Still guided by the unseen hand,
Still guided by the unseen hand.

This song reminds me of the times in my life, especially as a child, times were hard in our home.  There were three of us little girls and a very sick father, and I remember my mother working long hours to supply our needs and put food on the table.  I was raised in church and Sunday school from birth, and at this time, when I was 10 years of age, a revival came to our church. 

The evangelist was preaching on God opening the books and looking for names in the Book of Life.  I then realized that I was not saved, being in a Christian home could not save me, being in church and Sunday School could not save me.

So on that night, I left my seat and went forward and gave my heart to Jesus and that is when I realized that He alone would guide my life no matter how difficult the journey of life would be.  He would always be there for me, in every situation.

“The LORD will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones; you shall be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water whose waters do not fail” Isaiah 58:11

He truly has led me in many different ways through the years and there were times I didn’t understand the way He was leading me, but His unseen hand was still there leading me on.  He has led me on though many trials and difficult places.  He has led me through cancer and all its fears.  And I know that there are many of you out there reading this who may be going through great physical struggles and sorrows.  And this world is indeed a “world of woe.” 

I am reminded again that in this verse God promises to satisfy us in those dry times of our lives, and gives us “health to our bones” or strength in times of pain and sickness, and our God still is a healing God, and He indeed does work miracles in our hearts and lives, Praise the Lord!

On that last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink.  “He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water” John 7:37-38.  If you are thirsty and dry today, He promises to guide you and satisfy your soul with springs of living water, the water of the Holy Spirit, to flow out of you to those around you, who also are thirsty in their souls, and need to be led and guided by the unseen hand of the Lord Jesus.

And as we travel through this weary world, on our journey home, He will continue to guide us through the rough places along the road, right up to the gates of our eternal home.  And there we will be in continual praise for how His guiding hand has led us all the way home.

 Oh, don’t you long to see your Savior’s face?  And we will sing around the throne of His saving grace and mercy. “Beloved, now we are the children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is” I John 3:2.

Yes, my friend, we have no idea what it will be like, but we know that we are going to be just like Him in our new resurrected bodies and we will see Him face to face at last!  Oh, praise the Lord!
if you have drifted away from the unseen hand, or have never asked Him into your heart, please ask Him now.  We live in precarious times, and we know not the hour or the time when He will come back to gather His church to Himself.  So please, ask Jesus to come into your heart and life, and let Him change your heart to a new heart and a new life with Christ Jesus leading and guiding you with His unseen hand.

In Jesus’ Name,
Pastor Sharon




No comments:

Post a Comment