Tuesday, January 15, 2013

PRAISE GOD, WE ARE NEVER ALONE!


 
 
 
 


PRAISE GOD, WE ARE NEVER ALONE!

There are some days, like today, when the snowflakes continue to fall, and it is cold outside, and the house is quiet and I am quite alone.  I know many of you have days like that or moments like you feel everyone has deserted you, and you feel the world crashing in upon you.  You may feel like that in a crowd of people.  Your struggles are so great, you feel like you are in a great fog of darkness.  But our God has promised never to leave us or forsake us (Hebrews 13:5b).

The words of this song, “No, Never Alone” were written in 1897 by a lady named Ludie D. Picket.  And I wonder what she what great struggle she was going through when she wrote the words of this song?  Was she feeling sorrow, pain or fear or a great time of affliction?  Whatever were her trials in her day, she left us a hymn of great comfort.  These great old hymns remind us that God’s people of all ages have gone through great trials, but God has seen them through to victory, and then inspired them to put words down which were on their hearts at the time of their struggle.  We, too, whatever the dark valley we travel in our day and time, we find great solace in the comfort of our Lord and His precious promises.

 NO, NEVER ALONE

“I’ve seen the lightening flashing, I’ve heard the thunder roll.  I’ve felt sin’s breakers dashing, which almost conquered my soul.  I’ve heard the voice of my Savior, bidding me still to fight on.  He promised never to leave me, never to leave me alone!

REFRAIN:  No, never alone, no never alone, He promised never to leave me, He’ll claim me for His own; no, never alone, no never alone.  He promised never to leave me, never to leave me alone.

The world’s fierce winds are blowing, temptation sharp and keen.  I have a peace in knowing my Savior stands between – He stands to shield me from danger when my friends are all gone.  He promised never to leave me, never to leave me alone.

When in affliction’s valley I tread the road of care, my Savior helps me carry the cross so heavy to bear; though all around me is darkness, earthly joys all flown; my Savior whispers His promise, never to leave me alone!

He died on Calvary’s mountain, for me they pierced His side.  For me He opened that fountain, the crimson, cleansing tide.  For me He waiteth in glory, seated upon His throne.  He promised never to leave me, never to leave me alone!

Such a message for us this day!  As we walk along on our earthly journey, sometimes we face those moments when the storm is crashing around us, lightening flashing, filling us with fear.  Maybe temptations are calling you, trying to drag you back into sin.  But our Precious Lord, calls us to stand strong, and fight the good fight of faith.  For He is there to lift us up out of the storm, calm the winds, and promises never to leave us alone.

Yes, especially in the day in which we live, our world if filled with darkness and terror.  But we have that wonderful peace that only He can give.  Many of you are alone now in this world, the years have passed you by, and friends and family are gone.  But, there is the promise again, He promised never to leave you, never to leave you alone.

And in the midst of the crosses we must bear, when the load is so heavy, and the way seems so dark, and it does seem that there is no joy left in this world of sorrow and woe.  And again He whispers His promise, never to leave you alone.

And there on Calvary, He took our sins and our grief, and shed His precious blood for our sins, and full atonement was made for me for you.  And because of His great sacrifice and His resurrection, He is now seated upon His throne, but has sent the Holy Spirit to bring comfort to our troubled hearts.  Oh, such a precious Lord we serve!

And He waits for each of His children to come home to their eternal home and His welcoming arms, and oh, what joy awaits each one of us as we behold His face!  And too, there is the promise of His soon return to catch His bride away to be with Him forever, never to leave me, never to leave me alone.

Oh, my friend, receive the precious promise, let Him gather you into His arms in those lonely moments, for you are not alone.  I do pray that if you don’t know Jesus, and your heart is empty and you are looking for something to fill that space, let our God fill that space.  The world will not satisfy you, no matter what you do to try and fill that space.  And then, when you ask Jesus into your heart, you, too will never again be lonely, He will always be there.  Praise the Lord!

Blessings in Jesus’ Name,
Pastor Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment