Tuesday, January 8, 2013

SECRETS KNOWN ONLY TO HIM


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


SECRETS KNOWN ONLY TO HIM

 As we have entered into the New Year, many have fears of what could lie ahead for our world, our nation and our individual lives.  We put our Christmas decorations away awaiting another season, and some have made their New Year resolutions, which are usually fallen by the wayside by the endof January.

The weather is dark and cold in the natural, and in many of our lives.  It is like many are walking through a dark tunnel and don’t see any light ahead.  But, my friends, only God knows the future.  Last month many waited on a certain day for the world to end, but it didn’t because those great hidden secrets, and the time of the end are known only to our Great God.  Read the words of this wonderful hymn written by Stuart Hamblen.

 KNOWN ONLY TO HIM

When my eyes behold the stars, this heart of mine is filled with wonder.  My poor mind cannot grasp their array.  But the hand that spilled them there all across the wide heaven had a plan when he placed them that way.

Refrain:  Known only to Him are the great hidden secrets.  I’ll fear not the darkness when my flame shall dim.  I know not what the future holds but I know who holds the future.  It’s a secret known only to Him.

In this world of fear and doubt, on my knees I ask the question why a lonely heavy cross I must bear.  Then He tells me in my prayer it’s because I am trust worthy.  He gives me strength far more than my share.

Yes, look up into the night sky, when there is not a cloud cover, and see again the array of stars.  We only see a few stars and constellations, but there are galaxies out there that even the scientists cannot fathom.  God has a plan in scattering the stars across the heaven, our Creator God.

“Lift up your eyes on high, and see who has created these things.  Who brings out their hosts by number; He calls them all by name, by the greatness of His might and the strength of His power, not one is missing” Isaiah 40:26.

My mind cannot comprehend the majesty of my God when I think of the great secrets of the heavens and beyond, and to think of the billions of stars and galaxies, He has given each one a name!  And he says none of them are missing as he knows each planet, each galaxy and each star.  Oh, what an awesome God we serve!

And yes, we live in a world of fear and doubt, and after recent horrible events in our nation, where can we find the peace and comfort in the midst of such darkness and sorrow coming upon the earth? And some of us do question why we have to carry such heavy burdens, and we may ask Him "Why." That place of quietnesss and rest is found as we are on our knees, in our prayer closets, seeking His face, and there, in the midst of storms and cloudy days, He brings the light to fill our darkness.  And He brings us His precious promises in His Word as we study and pray and hide ourselves in Him.

And when the day comes for each of us to end our journey here, looking ahead to the city just around the next bend or over the next hill, we will not fear as the darkness closes in. There He takes our hand and leads us into the light of His eternity, never to fear, have pain, or tears.  The secret of our time here is known only to Him.  Some of us will meet Him this coming year, some have many valleys to cross, and mountains to climb, but still He is there.  Just this last month we lost a dear saint, as I was able to call on Him, pray for Him, not knowing that I was never to see Him on this earth again. 

So He calls us to be ready, having accepted Jesus as our own personal Savior, and looking ahead to that glorious day, whether we meet Him in death or in the sky as He returns.  So are you ready, my friends.  I call to you once again you make that decision now, as you do not know what each of your days may hold.

But have a blessed New Year, walking with Jesus, keeping your eyes on the goal ahead.  Praise His Holy Name!

Pastor Sharon

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment