Tuesday, October 30, 2012

IS YOUR ANCHOR SECURE?


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


IS YOUR ANCHOR
SECURE?

As I am writing this, a massive hurricane is heading up the eastern seacoast and surrounding areas, threatening millions of people.  It is threatening their lives, their homes, business and everything they hold dear.  In places like New York, City they have shut down the subways and everything will stop, even for those millions who rush to work every day.

Along the sea coast, homes and businesses are being boarded up, and people are urged to evacuate to higher ground, as the storm rages. I remember sitting on the beach there just a couple of months ago, on a calm Sunday, watching the people and the Atlantic Ocean as the waves rolled in Now those waves are lashing out, threatening anything and everyone who may be in its path.  The skies are dark and the winds are howling.
We are indeed living in troubled times.  The people of this world are trembling in fear as they watch the events coming upon our world and nation, and our cities.  There is violence in our schools, businesses and in our homes, and wars continue around the globe. 

And I ask you, my friends, where do you turn in times like these?  Is your foundation built on the solid rock or on sinking sand? (Matthew 7:24-27). There is only One answer in these times and only One person you can cling to.  Is your anchor holding, or are you about to be swept away into eternity without God?

And I also think of the “times of our lives” or the season of our lives.  As a young person out there, are you anchored in Jesus?  In that time of life, you think you have all the time in your life to follow Jesus. For you do not know what the future holds, so make sure you are secure in Jesus. “Rejoice, O young man, in your youth, and let your heart cheer you in the days of your youth, walk in the ways of your heart, and in the sight of your eyes; but know that for all these God will bring you into judgment.  Therefore remove  sorrow from your heart, and put away evil from your flesh, for childhood and youth are vanity”  Ecclesiastes 11:9-10. 

And to you seniors out there, and all those in between,  I call to you make sure you are ready to meet Jesus.  In this time of your life, one never knows when the call will come to face eternity.  Are you ready?  I talk to many seniors, and I have led many to the saving grace of Jesus even into their 90s.  So in times like these make sure you are anchored securely to the Rock! When you face those times of pain, and the struggles that come with failing years, make sure Jesus is there to hold you in His arms securely.

 IN TIMES LIKE THESE

“In times like these you need a Saviour, in times like these you need an anchor; be very sure, be very sure, your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock.

This Rock is Jesus, yes, He’s the One, This Rock is Jesus, the only One; be very sure, be very sure, your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock!

In times like these, you need the Bible, in times like these, oh, be not idle, be very sure, be very sure, your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock.

In times like these I have a Saviour, in times like these, I have an anchor.  I’m very sure, I’m very sure, my anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock!” (Ruth C. Jones).

Yes, you need a Saviour!  All your worldly possessions, all your hope in this world will not save you.  When the storms are raging, and you are lost without Jesus, you don’t have an anchor to hold you fast.  All those things you base your hope on in this world are going to “blow away.”  Your only hope in these times is Jesus Christ and Him alone!  There are only two paths in this life, the wide path to destruction and the narrow pathway to life eternal!  Your only hope is to cling to the “Rock” Christ Jesus!  He is the “Rock of Ages,” our “Rock in this weary land.”

And he said: “The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; the God of my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge; my Savior, You save me from violence.  I will call upon the LORD who is worthy to be praised; so I shall be saved from my enemies” 2 Samuel 22:2-4. “For who is God, except the LORD?  And who is a rock, except our God?” 2 Samuel 22:32.

So, I call upon you, my friends, who may be drifting upon life’s sea, drifting alone in the storms of life without Jesus.  You can be very sure right now that you belong to Jesus.  It is very simple, and He is waiting for you just to ask Him.

But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.  For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation” Romans 10:9-10.

So today begin your walk with Jesus, and when times are troubled, and the storms rage around you, you will Have Jesus to cling to.  He died on that cross for you, rose from the grave on the third day, and someday soon He is coming back to take His children home.  And I pray you will be among those saints who join Him in our heavenly home.  And when you do accept Jesus, find a Bible and begin reading God’s promises to you, and begin spending time in prayer, so your faith will grow strong in these troubled times, and then find a good Gospel believing church with other believers to encourage you in your walk of faith.

And I say to you who know the Lord as your Saviour, and you see the storms raging around us, and around you in your walk with the Lord, stay in God’s Word and in prayer.  God’s Word will anchor you solid to Him, and continue the work He has called you to do, to tell others about Jesus.  We don’t have time to be idle about the Lord’s work, men are dying out there on life’s sea without Him.

And we who love Jesus can proclaim that we do have that anchor, we are held fast in His arms, as the storms rage around us.  Oh, we will have trials in our lives and tribulations will come, but oh, the peace and joy, when we are assured that our foundation is built on the solid Rock.

 “On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.”

And I pray, in the Name of Jesus, for those out there who are living in times like these without the solid Rock of Jesus Christ, to hold them fast.  I pray they will anchor their lives in Him, even as the world grows darker and the storms are intense, that they will call upon the Name of Jesus.  “For whosoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved” Romans 10:13. Amen……..

Pastor Sharon

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment