Tuesday, October 16, 2012

KEYS TO SUCCESS WITH JESUS


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
KEYS TO SUCCESS
WITH JESUS!

This past week we took another journey down to my hometown.  It was a journey of memories through our lives from three little girls to the senior adults we have now become.  As I stood at my mother’s graveside with my sisters, I realized what an impact she had on our lives, and the faith in her God that she left with us.

She stood strong, and left us a legacy of her faith as we sort through the many journals she left us.  So I am going to share a favorite hymn and remember those precious memories with mother. And then I will share some of her thoughts called:  “Eight Keys to Success,” but due to space will not be able to share all of them but just some highlights from Psalm 37 to bless you and encourage you in your walk with Jesus.

And I know that someday, just around the corner, maybe a few hills to climb and struggles we may have to go through, as we travel over “The Sunset Mountains” mother will be there waiting for her children with open arms and that lovely smile that she left in our memories.

“Over the sunset mountains someday I’ll softly go into the arms of Jesus who has loved me so.

Chorus:  Over the sunset mountains Heaven awaits for me, over the sunset mountains, Jesus my Savior I’ll see.

Toiling will all be ended, shadows will flee away, sorrow will be forgotten, Oh, what a wonderful day!

Chorus:  Over the sunset mountains Heaven awaits for me, over the sunset mountains, Jesus my Savior I’ll see.

Jesus, my Savior and me, Jesus my Savior I’ll see.  (John W. Petersen and sung by the Statler Brothers).

But before we finish our journey here and as we look forward to seeing Jesus face to face, He has many things to teach us and give us strength for our journey.  The first thought I will share is thoughts from Psalm 37:3-7:  “Trust in the LORD, and do good; dwell in the land and feed on His faithfulness.  Delight yourself also in the LORD, and He shall give you the desires of your heart.  Commit your way to the LORD.  Trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass.  He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday.  Rest in the LORD and wait patiently for Him; do not fret because of Him who prospers in his way, because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.”

First of all, we learn to lean on Jesus.  1) Trust in the LORD, verse 3 – try.  2) Delight yourself in the LORD, verse 4 – Confidence.  3) Commit your way unto the LORD, verse 5 – Priority.  And 4) Rest in the LORD and wait patiently for Him, verse 7 – stand still.

We learn to trust in the LORD, no matter what the circumstance, just to step out in faith and test and try Him and see what He will do.  And then just delight yourself in Him, just take time to just praise Him and worship Him, just let your soul find confidence in your God.  And then commit your way, your walk to the LORD.  Let Him be your priority in any decision you need to make, let Him be LORD of all your decisions.  And then He calls us to rest in Him and just wait, to stand still and see what God will do, and He will do wonders in your life.  Sometimes we have to just stop.  We need to stop our hurrying around and fretting about what will happen next, and just rest.  And I know that is hard to do.  We live in a hurry, hurry world.  And God is calling us to just rest in Him no matter what is going  on around you or in our world and nation, or how wicked men seem to be.

And someday my friends, we will end our journey here and find eternal rest in His arms.  And Jesus our Savior we will see. 

I pray, my friends, that you are on this journey with Jesus, leaning on Him, trusting on Him, and have committed your way to Him.  If not, please make that decision today, right now.  He is waiting for you.  He loved you so much He died for you, shed His precious blood for your sins.  All He calls you to do is repent of your sins, and that means to turn around and go the other direction, in other words, He will give you a new life, make your heart brand new.  What a joy to walk with Jesus down this road towards our heavenly home, and I pray to meet you there someday. 

In Jesus’ Name,
Pastor Sharon

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment