Tuesday, October 2, 2012

OH, KNEEL AT THE CROSS


 
OH! COME KNEEL AT THE CROSS!

When I wrote this, I looked out my window, on a very warm August afternoon, I saw Thunderclouds forming in the distance.  I sensed the mighty power of God in His creation!  The seasons come and go as He wills.  Now the lovely Fall season is upon us.  I think of those around me in my world who do not know this wonderful Creator personally. 

They do not know that Father God sent His Son, Jesus, to save us from our sins, and has prepared a wonderful place for us in His Heavenly home.  And how I long to tell everyone about Jesus, that He is the only answer to the problems of this world, and the problems each of us face every day.  I meet many in the nursing home who are in desperate condition, and long for a touch from His Precious hand.  I also have met some who refuse this Wonderful Lord, refuse the Wonderful salvation that He accomplished on the cross.

Jesus is calling, calling today, my friends.  Why do you wait?  He is calling you to just “Kneel at the Cross.  He will meet you right there.

Kneel at the cross, Christ will meet you there, come while He waits for you; list to His voice, leave with him your care and begin life anew.

Kneel at the cross, leave every care; kneel at the cross, Jesus will meet you there.

Kneel at the cross, there is room for all who would His glory share; bliss there awaits, harm can ne’er befall those who are anchored there.

Kneel at the cross, give your idols up, look unto realms above; turn not away to life’s sparkling cup, trust only in His love.”  (Charles E. Moody)

When we take that step of faith, and faithfully kneel before him, leaving our sins and heartaches there at the cross, a miracle will happen in your life, life begins anew.  I remember the day I accepted Jesus into my heart.  I was 9 years old.  I was raised in church, had Christian parents and grandparents.  Our whole life revolved around the church, but at that age I realized I had not accepted Jesus as my Savior.

An Evangelist had been holding revival meetings in our church, and that night an illustrated sermon was presented.  Some of you may remember the illustrated sermons of past days.  The message that night was on the books being opened in heaven, and there on the stage were giant books, with “Angels” standing nearby looking for names that are written in the Book of Life. (See Revelation 20:11-15.)   And I knew, even as a little girl that my name was not written there.  And I made my way down to the altar and knelt at the cross that night.

Being raised in a Christian home didn’t save me.  I had to kneel at the cross for myself.  I remember vividly the next day it seemed like the sky was brighter, the trees and the whole world seemed new to me.  I had been changed into a new creature in Christ Jesus.  “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new” 2 Corinthians 5:17.

Do you want to share in His glory today?  Do you long for the peace and joy that He brings in the midst of a dark and sinful world?  As we walk this journey of life, there are many trials and heartaches, and many would try to go it alone without Jesus.  And I often wonder how a person can go through great tragedy and despair without Jesus to walk that road with him/her?  Great joy awaits each person who kneels at the cross.  Oh, in walking this road with Jesus, there will be trials of all kinds, storms and heartaches, but oh, what joy to know He is right there in the storm, walking with us! 

But as it is written:  “eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him” 1 Corinthians 2:9.

 When you answer His call and kneel at the cross, confessing your sins, giving up those things which have become idols in your life.  Idols in your life can mean anything that has kept you from serving Jesus, the sin which has separated you from Him.  He will wash away all your sin in the blood of the cross, and give you new life and a joyful future with Him forever.

So, I call you today, to stop what you are doing, and just kneel there at the cross, the cross of Calvary, where new life begins, new life in Christ Jesus.  You will have a new desire to serve Him, to read His Word, to have fellowship with other believers.  And you will have the assurance that He will be with you every step of the way, as you walk this pathway toward your heavenly home.  Praise the Lord!

In the Name of Jesus,
Pastor Sharon

 


 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment